Postpartum Care, Mothering the Mother
All too often I hear in my practice how so much attention was paid to moms during pregnancy and after the baby is born a lot of that drops away. If I could inspire a second wave birthing revolution it would be for postpartum care… mothering the mother. In many cultures around the globe the postpartum care leaves us Americans in the dust! Here I have combined a few of my favorite traditions to really support Mom in the “fourth trimester”.
Mothering the Mother Postpartum Package
This package is designed to help nourish, support and heal the womb and all reproductive tissues in the postpartum stage. All the herbs are tailored to your specific needs for a holistic perspective, taking in to consideration your digestive constitution, stress levels, healing and recovery needs. The package includes four treatments and herbal formulas. Other recommendations may be an additional cost. Treatments can begin at 6 weeks postpartum.
Here’s what it looks like
- Initial Session
- 4 Arvigo Technique Mayan Abdominal Treatments (Follow -up sessions)
- Bach Flower Session and Personal Formula
- 1 Gemstone Yoni Egg
- 1 Rebalancing Hormonal Herbal formula and 1 other bottle of WishGarden Herbals of your choice
- 8 Customized Yoni Steams
- 8 Nourishing herbal Infusions
How it helps…
- The Mayan Abdominal Therapy is an ancient technique that helps correct a displaced uterus. The uterus, being an incredibly mobile organ, can become displaced by slips and falls, trauma to the tailbone and pelvis, lifting heavy objects right before or during menstruation, stress, previous pregnancies, miscarriages, abortions and more; causing myriad symptoms and pathologies. The Mayans believed that the womb is a woman’s center, come misaligned many issues and conditions follow. The Massage itself helps strengthen and support the ligaments and tendons that hold in place this amazing organ. Increasing the blood flow to this region of the body helps aid in fertility and digestion and all processes of reproduction and menstrual health.
- Bach Flower Remedy Consult and Personalized Formula Provided by Helena Gorka, Bach Foundation Registered Practitioner. Each of the 38 essences relates to a particular mood or personality type. They can be used for a passing emotional need, or to transform attitudes on a deep soul level. The effect of taking the essences is not to suppress negative attitudes, but to transform them into positive ones, stimulating one’s own potential for self healing. Since it is not always easy to see ourselves, a consultation with a Bach Foundation Registered Practitioner can guide you in using the correct essence for your personal situation.
- Gemstone Yoni Eggs are for natural vaginal rejuvenation. Way better than just a Kegel tool, these are made of natural, gemstone to enhance the experience. Beautifully hand carved to a smooth polish and you have you choice of jade, rose quartz, jasper, carnelian and more. Yoni eggs have been used for centuries to support vaginal rejuvenation, pelvic floor muscles, support with organ prolapse, bladder incontinence and with the great side effect of improving your orgasms.
- WishGarden Herbal Formulas are effective organic handcrafted herbal remedies since 1979. “ReBalance: Hormone Tonic” is for hormone balancing and re-integration support for your “fourth trimester”. Your second formula is your choice. I keep the full line of herbal formulas for prenatal and nursing Moms. Formulas for stress, sleep, immune, digestion, milk production and allergies.
- Nourishing Herbal Infusions of Nettle are a mineral rich, vitamin soaked beverage that supports your breast milk, nervous system for sleep and boosts your immunity. The most effective way to absorb the healing properties of this amazing plant ally is through a nourishing infusion.
- Herbal Yoni Steam, a customized flower formula for this take-home treatment. Yoni steams or “Bajos” as they are traditionally known as in Central America have been known to help speed the recovery of vaginal tissues and internal organs. They formula can also be used as a sits bath.
And the cost breakdown
- Initial appointment and Treatment
- 4 Follow Up Treatments
- Bach Flower Session and Formula
- 1 Gemstone Yoni Egg
- 2 Herbal Formulas
- 8 Herbal Yoni Steams
- Herbal infusions
- Lifestyle coaching, support with dietary recommendations and meditations
Individually these treatments, herbs and exercises would cost $1377.
As a prepaid package it is offered at $1195., or in two equal payments of $598.
Mommy and Me Home Visit (one time only, best done within the first 2-3 weeks after birth)
Includes: Ayurvedic postpartum massage for Mom, Ayurvedic infant massage and lesson, Ayurvedic postpartum Rejuvenating Herbal Elixir, 1- 4oz. bottle of Ashwaganda Bala oil, postpartum recommendations for rejuvenation.
Mothering The Mother Postpartum Package (must be 6 weeks postpartum)
Details at left…
Individually these treatments and formulas would cost $1377., as a prepaid package I am able to offer a discount.
Prepaid in full at $1195., or in two equal payments of $598.